Featured Post

4D3N Chiang Mai trip :)

السلام عليكم Below is the itinerary for our 4D3N Muslim family trip to Chiang Mai last May 2016. We had a private local driver/tour gu...

31 December 2010

My Senior Year


“WOW! This school is HUGE!” That was my first impression towards Sekolah Seri Puteri, Cyberjaya when I first step in the school with great enthusiasm to learn here. It was when I was in my fresh year in Form One. Being the youngest sister back then had taught me a lot on being independent. Previously, when I was in primary school, living in one roof with my parents and not to forget having a bibik to do all the chores and laundries made me almost a spoiled child who often relying on other people. So, I decided to turn into a new leaf and do my own laundries in a residential school.
The junior years can be classified as my hardest part in my life. But, I managed to overcome the obstacles by taking it positively, calmly and not to forget; ENJOYING it. A reminiscent struck me, I remembered of being a ‘counselor’ for my friends who were extremely homesick and so desperately want to stop schooling here. I gave them some sweet talk to soothe them. So, PRESTO! They were still studying here and had graduated as a true SSPian.
How time flies so fast. It all happened in a few blinks of eye; from the stage of us trying to adapt to the new unfamiliar surroundings, making new friends and being in different cliques, struggling HARD through examinations, being scolded by our loving teachers and to the stage where we learn the meaning of OBLIGATION. These were all the ingredients that make me a person I am today. These will definitely help me to face the world outside of tomorrow.
The fact that I am now no more a Form 5 student, no more an Assistant Head Girl and had gone through the weeks of my SPM, it makes me wonder whether I can survive in the REAL hectic world. There is no doubt that living in SSP is a mini hectic world. Nevertheless, the world outside is even worse with social problems and all. Can I socialize with people outside the school especially guys? (We had live in an environment where there are only girls; sometimes you forgot how to be urself with a different gender) Can I travel from a place to another without a supervision of an adult? Can I order my own meal in a restaurant alone? Can I pay my own phone bills? Can I be an absolute adult? There are a lot of questions that linger in my mind. What person I want to be, how can I be one? Despite of all my doubts towards myself, I know I am capable of playing the role as Hanie Farhana Hamdi in this 21st century.
It’s hard to admit it, but I will say it out loud, “I WILL MISS SEKOLAH SERI PUTERI AND IS NOW STARTING TO MISS IT ALREADY”. I miss my adorable friends, having quarrels with them and sharing laughter, my awesomely dedicated teachers who never stop believing in us, the queuing up for shower and the lovely food at the dining hall. (It’s delicious, no kidding!)
Seeing the ‘adik-adik’ there, still trying to get used to the life there made me pray to Allah, so that they will enjoy living in SSP, a place where we call home. And hopefully too, they will experience the same mind-blowing experience like mine or even better. LBNL, with all my heart, I believe that a great person lies in each and every one of us, especially the SSPians. The students here have this pure enthusiasm that had to be laced up by experience to teach them to be world’s next top person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...