Featured Post

4D3N Chiang Mai trip :)

السلام عليكم Below is the itinerary for our 4D3N Muslim family trip to Chiang Mai last May 2016. We had a private local driver/tour gu...

25 August 2011

What's cooking??!

 السلام عليكم

Again, 3 posts per day. At least not 7 posts per day. Yeahh, I know. I write LONNNGGGGGG entries kan? So what? I own this blog :D

Hmm, but in this post, less words. I hope :S

Besides my passion for reading and speed (sebab th bawak kereta laju.muahaha), I LOVE COOKING. Not to say I'm a good cook. I just love the matching up spices and sauces, adding the right ingredients at the right time, stirring, decorating plates and jellies, just a fun and easy way to make craft; edible crafts. 

It's also a way of me expressing my creativity and using the right-side of my brain. The time for me to cook will be at home. That's why living in a boarding school, I was dead bored due to no cooking. Thus, I really utilize my time at home AND now, go back home as frequently as I can.hahah

Among my attempts:

+Udang Masak Lemak Nenas



   Need to learn how to pekatkan the kuah lemak. Some said letak serbuk buah keras. Tak pernah try lagi. Will do :)  To make this kuah lemak, I used live tumeric a.k.a. kunyit hidup yang ditumbuk. So, it will produce prettier colour for the kuah. Not to forget, add some daun kunyit and serai to enhance the flavour.


+Roti Jala






   Actually, dah lama nak buat roti jala. But then the acuan always missing in action or disappear in thin air. At last managed to buy a new one, and headed to dapur. And, voila! Roti jala. You can add an egg to make the roti jala more fluffy. And, use pandan leaves when applying oil to the pan. Trust me, sedap gle! Though it's better to fry the mixture until a bit brownish before lifting it up from the pan. Best serve with THICK Chicken Curry. Yumm!


+Beef Lasagne

Mushrooms

Minced meat with small chunks of carrots


Cheese sauce; irresistible

Layers. Main attraction: CHEESEEEE!

In the making

Cacat Gunung Berapi -.-'
A hearty piece of lasagne served with salad dressed with thousand island sauce
   My favourite! Cooking it wasn't easy, yet wasn't hard. Just need lots of patient because you have to prepare many things before layering it. I thought my attempt for lasagne will be prefect but NO! It was overcooked. I had some issues with the microwave, pfft! That's why it looked like a VOLCANO. =____=' Nevertheless, the taste was superb! Just a bit salty. Hey, I was fasting at that time.hehe Can't wait for my next attempt. Tapi tak boleh buat selalu. Ingredients mahal ;)


+Colourful Cocktail Jelly

Boil and stir until fully dissolved

Yellow

Pink

Blue

Green

Purple



Rainbow

Canned cocktail fruits, remove the syrup

T_T
   This was what I had prepared for iftar last Saturday. You can read what happened in previous post. I was devastated. The jellies scattered nicely all around the floor. There was nothing I  could do to save them. I slipped them, unintentionally.  They went into pieces. I didn't even have the chance to taste them a bit. Too bad. Maybe next time :(


Nak balek rumahh!!
At this moment 
many of the students here 
are on the way 
back home
We're stuck here 
for one more day
Got 
BIOLOGY and CHEMISTRY class tomorrow
Lepas itu balek! YEAHHH!
Wassalam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...