Featured Post

4D3N Chiang Mai trip :)

السلام عليكم Below is the itinerary for our 4D3N Muslim family trip to Chiang Mai last May 2016. We had a private local driver/tour gu...

25 August 2011

Zoo Negara Volunteering :)

السلام عليكم

Many things happened last Saturday. It all begun with my first time volunteering in Zoo Negara. I've dying to do that since I watched 3R (still remember that show?) in an episode when Kartini volunteered at Zoo Negara. I've been more eager to do that when Azfarina told me that she had once volunteered and got to 'lepak-lepak' with those hippos XD

This is AZ's hippo!!!
Alhamdulillah, it's like finally Allah said you're ready for it. Go for it! The Environmental and Nature club (ENC) collaborated with Adventure and Recreation club (ARC) had organize the 'Ramadhan with Nature'. This programme also included our brothers and sister in CFS Nilai :)

I went straight to zoo from my home (sent by Mama, thank u!) and arrived at 7.20, as planned. I text my friend, Atikah who was the Assistant Project Manager enquiring about their arrival time. "Hanie, kterang tak bertolak lagi" =___________=' Great, just great. What am I going to do while waiting for half an hour more?

I sat alone waiting for them at the seat accommodated at the ticket counter. I tried my luck. YESSS! Zoo Negara HAS WIFI!!! Hahaha. I think it's for the monkeys and chimpanzees to update the status in Facebook. Or it is me who update my whereabouts in the Fb.heheh :P

At last the UIA group arrived and we gathered to hear a briefing by the Zoo Negara's officers. We were given stickers to indicate that, "Hey I'm a volunteer here, and I didn't pay a single penny to get in here"heheh. Then, we divided ourselves into groups and to different sections.

Sticker!

Bear in mind the the system there was a bit strict. You can't make loud noise as it may disturbed the animal, you DON'T want it to happen. You also can't take random pics at the restricted area. If you disobey the rules, the WHOLE group might be aborted from the volunteering. These were all reminded by the workers there, IT IS FOR YOUR OWN GOOD.

Yeah, it's NO ENTRY. But we went in there. BANGGA XD
Which section I was assigned? I didn't have specific place I want to work, I was happy enough to tag along. But, I got the HIGH PROFILE ANIMALS section. It's just like the Beverly Hills in Zoo Negara. Where all the stars in Zoo Negara were placed. All the amazing parrots and sea lions. They were just toooooooooo adorable :')

I still remember when I was a little kid watching the multi animal show at the pavilion (maybe you have your own memory eh?). I always though, "Apalah yang ade kat belakang stage th???"

This stage laa.
Now, I got the 'backstage pass' to meet the famous stars of Zoo Negara. *thrilledddd!haha 

About the work. Our group consist of 4 girls and 4 boys. The boys helped 'cangkul2' the longkang. 2 girls cleaned up the tank at the stage, and I got to 'sapu2' dried leaved with Atikah. Easy right?hahha Alhamdulilllah. Did I mentioned that we were fasting at that time?heheh

After cleaning up the ground, we helped Kak Dewi (one of the workers there) to prepare the food for the animals. Pisang ni potong 2, buang yang hujung dye. Carrot potong 4, tak payah amek yang hujung. Betik buang kulit, potong kecik2, lebih kurang 1 inci. Cubit2 roti th. Basuhkan ikan. Timbangkan ikan 2kg tak termasuk bekas th. And so on. Demand gak animals kat sini.hahha But it was fun preparing the food. Yelah, tak penah buat.hahaa

Then, we got to rileks2 watching the show (while other group were still busy cleaning up). We did the least work compared to the others, I think.

About 12pm, we were ushered to a small hall/Panggong. Terpampang: 'Ramadhan dan Al-Quran' on the LCD screen. Perrrrgh! Dengar ceramah agama kat Zoo Negara. Alhamdulillah, untung laaa. Mentang-mentang UIA.hahah

The ceramah was given by Ustaz Mohd Ariff bin Mohd Rajoli. Yup, it does ring the bell right? He's the son of the famous late actor; M. Rajoli. Again, praises to Allah. I got many new knowledge regarding Islam. I'll share with uguys later. Will be posting about it on Friday, InsyaAllah. Banyak pahala sikit.hahah :D

After that we performed our Zohor prayer at a new Musolla there (nampak sangat dah lama tak go zoo -.-'). Then, I went back home dahhh. Actually I went back a bit early from the others, due to some unavoidable things. Because of that I missed the opportunity to feed the sea lions. I know I had mentioned it, but I want to mention it again. The SEA LIONS are drop dead ADORABLE!!! Maybe next time, whenever is next time. InsyaAllah :)

There's this one parrot
was saying HI! all the time
nak ngorat la th
Hahaha
Wassalam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...