Featured Post

4D3N Chiang Mai trip :)

السلام عليكم Below is the itinerary for our 4D3N Muslim family trip to Chiang Mai last May 2016. We had a private local driver/tour gu...

14 September 2011

Tests.

السلام عليكم

Got double test today. Biology quiz (chapter Photosynthesis and Genetics) and also Arabic oral test.

The photosynthesis I am learning is not as simple as we had learn in SPM. 
IT IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT. SO. VERY. MANY. DETAILS. =__________=
Don't let me start about genetics. Soalan depa bagi susah gilaa. Ak berpeluh-peluh menjawabnya. Kipas on ja. Adoyy. I don't think that chapter is hard, the questions are hard and yet the answers are absolutely simple. Need to improve!

Ouuuh. Let's talk about Arabic oral test. People, it's oral. Talk in Arabic. Talk. Talk. IN. Arabic. ARABIC. :O
Writing sentence in Arabic, I can handle. Speaking? yAWWW. My tongue is twisted. Very bad with the baris-baris. Mengeja th boleh lagi.

Am really glad that I had an AWESOME partner in crime. Remember NINA? She's soo MANTAP in Arabic. Hebat gitu.

This Arabic oral test consist of TA'ARUF (introducing yourselves), HIWAR (conversation) and JUMAL (sentences).

Before entering the room, I got a naughty butterfly dancing cha-cha in my stomach making me nervous. Yikes. So, I calmed myself with salawat :)

One word: FUN! I didn't expect it to be like it but it did. It really showed me that I wasn't as pathetic as I thought I was.hehe

*TA'ARUF
Ustaz asked us to introduce ourself. I told my name and where do I live. Malas ak nak cakap panjang-panjang nanti salah naya saja. Make it short and simple ;) Ismi Hanie Farhana Hamdi. Uskunu fi Kuala Lumbur.

Then he asked us something. APAA? Ohh, ohh. I heard something at the end; ghadak that means LUNCH.
Dengan selambanya cakap: laa (no)
Ustaz: limaza? (why?)
Hanie: saum (fast/puasa) >>> This is wrong grammar. Your supposed to say I am fasting.
Ustaz: -corrected my sentence-
Hanie: na'am. na'am. (yes. yes.)
Nina : ana aidon (me too)
Ustaz: limaza? (why?) >>> He asked why we're fasting??! Mana la taw nak jawab lagu mana -.-'
Hanie: syawal. syawal. -bantai- HAHAHA, Ustaz pon gelak je.
Ustaz: nbwvibvwbveb >>>Asked about how many days we had fast.
Nina : sittah al yaum (six days)
Hanie: khamsah al yaum (five days)
Ustaz: nnwcunwubn >>> He was also fasting on his fifth day just like me :)

*HIWAR 
We just memorize the exercise we had in the text book. With a slight changes. Then, I realized that my partner was going a bit fast. It was the nerve, I guess. We got to play back the scene. You know what? HAHA. I did my famous 'kerut' face when I said ana ja'ijI am hungry :D

*JUMAL
We were given a few pics and had to make a sentence out of it. I chose the kid playing the football. I said: in the picture the male student is playing football. I thought that was enough. Then Ustaz asked, where is he? I answered something incorrect which means bag instead of field. Hhahaha. Nina to the rescue. She whispered the magic word. Thanks babe!!!

After that, Ustaz continued the conversation. He asked about what my dad works as. Naseb baek ak tak kelentong, mereka-reka cerita. I answered that my dad is a lecturer in a university. He asked which university? I answered. He asked which kulliyah (subject/course)? I literally scratched my head. Banyak soal la pulak Ustaz ni.hahhaha What is that word??! Errr, Arrrghh. Bingo! syariah (law) Fuhh, that was closed.

We then 'borak-borak'. He asked something about if we had learn Arabic before. Yup, we had. Then again, Nina saved the day. I just understand a bit what he was saying. I was noding na'am and shaking laa XD

All of a sudden, "Hanie, hal tuhubbu tadrisu allughatul arabiah? kaifa? (Hanie, do you like learning Arabic? why?)". Hanie, "na'am. lianna allughatul arabiah allughatul jannah (yes, because Arabic is the language of heaven)". Kelas gitu jawapannya. Itu pon naseb baek Nisa' bocorkan soalan before our turn.heheh

Learning a foreign language ie Arabic 
is fun.
Especially, 
when you can master it.
My dad once said: 
Hanie kalau belajar Arab bagus,
nanti senang kalau nak jadi doktor kat negara Arab.
Gaji tinggi.
And yet, it's all about our sole intention, niat.
Take care peeps!
Wassalam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...