Featured Post

4D3N Chiang Mai trip :)

السلام عليكم Below is the itinerary for our 4D3N Muslim family trip to Chiang Mai last May 2016. We had a private local driver/tour gu...

04 June 2012

Food galore :9

السلام عليكم

I hope your tummy is full. I'm afraid that in your whole journey in this post I'll be 'talking' about FOOD!!! (Dah lama tak post pasal food +.+)

This is not Man VS Food but simply Hanie adores FOOD!!!

Rasulullah had taught us to stop eating before we get full. The thing is, I do have a big appetite for a girl. I ate a lot! Tapi tak kurus pon. Kalau bawak aku gi makan buffet style, memang untung. Sebab aku makan banyak, and akan pilih makanan yang paling mahal dalam menu buffet.hihihihi :P

Let start with appetizer, shall we ;) *Jangan lupa baca doa sebelum makan :D


That Little Gerai, AU5. We heard this restaurant from a TV programme called 'Best in the World' hosted by Razif on 8TV. The show present among the best food in the world, the foods in Malaysia :) TLG is very near to our house, only 5 mins by car. It is situated near to Syed Bistro. More info (HERE)

Burger. Dory. Mushroom soup.

This picture was taken a few months ago. We ordered Mushroom soup for my bro. A sort of appetizer for us.hihii My dad ordered the burger above while my Mom and I ordered the Dory fish.

Setiawangsa. We devour western food one weekend in some restaurant in Setiawangsa. It was our first visit there. And we set our anchor there by luck. Did not know the name of the resataurant. However the food was acceptable. Still remembered trying to taste my Sis Spaghetti Carbonara (not in the picture). Sedap yaww! Pics below was my Dad's sandwich and my Chicken Chop. The Chicken Chop was okay. I love the garnish though. Very simple but inviting :) Such a cosy place to dine  in. Very spacious and well decorated with Red and White theme.



Cameron Highlands. Next, I'll be taking you to one of Malaysia's best vacation spot. Such a lovely place and weather. I think you know what so famous in Cameron right? It's small. It's red. It's sweet and sour. None other than the famous strawberry :D If before this my fav food of Cameron would be 'Cendawan Goreng'. Makan semasa masih panas dalam cuaca dingin yang membekukan pipi gebu. Now, it would be strawberry tart and shake.

Ya Allah Ya Tuhanku, sedap gila kau taw! I was never a big fan of strawberry jam, but the strawberry jam-filling in the tart was fantastic. The crust was baked to  perfection, not to soft, not to crumbly. Just perfect. Even the sweetness was just nice.

I don't know how to describe the strawberry shake other than wonderful and marvellous! Even though we had just had our lunch 10 mins before, but we slurp the drink in a jiffy. Ya Allah, sedap gilaaaa! Nikmat yang teramat XD  Made from hand-picked strawberries grown from the garden, blended with freezing ice and creamy milk  *dreamy eyes (~.~)

Tapi serious cakap, berbeza strawberi kat KL dengan dekat Cameron. Cameron's are sweeter. The sweetest strawberries I've ever tasted. Selalu pon aku makan strawberi atas kek tu, masam bhai.

It was also Mama's birthday. She didn't got any birthday cake. Instead, a couple of delicious strawberry tarts for a change ;)

Tarts and shake.

Who can guess what's Cameron famous for besides the delicate strawberries? What? Durian? Err, actually it's tea. Who knows what BOH stands for? OK, maybe anda sudah tahu. Bagi sesiapa yang tak taw lagi, BOH stands for Best of Highland.

We went to the plantation nearer to Ringlet. Cameron has two BOH plantation. The other one is up in Brinchang. My Goodness, the road going to the plantation was so crooked and my Dad was driving very slow. I got dizzy. Syukur it was over when we reached the place and after a short tour inside the tea factory, it was MAKAN time.hihihihih

We bought scone with strawberry jam and butter, lemon butter cake, another strawberry tart (but the one I mention above tasted better), carrot with banana cake and a teapot of tea.  Just like Alice's tea party in Wonderland. Do you care for some tea?*with English accent :P

It was very delighting drinking the BOH tea with scones accompanied by greeneries surrounding us. However, it was quite pricey but affordable. Hey, it is not everyday you'll be drinking tea in a tea plantation ;)

Tea served Milady :)


Another attraction of Cameron is it's steamboat. I don't know why it's so famous there, but it is. We asked a local for a good place for steamboat. She suggested Rosa Passadena Hotel. It cost about RM 23 but less than RM 30 per person (Sorry I've forgot the exact price) which is very reasonable considering they served a variety of seafood, fish balls, chicken, veges and etc. Very appetizing and fulfilling. I encourage you to drop by there and enjoy the steamboat whenever you have the opportunity to do that :)


OK. Next would be just a simple stall food, also in Cameron. Simple yet they deserve a 5-star accreditation. First is the satay that you can get in Tanah Rata. Sedap kot. Grilled to perfectness, served with savoury nut sauce. Splendid! Another one is the grilled Jagung Mutiara. MashaAllah, sedap yang amat! The best in the world! The tastiest corn I've ever tasted. The sweetness of the corn confine by the taste made by charcoal, out of this world!




Down the memory of food lane. Just a few dishes that grab my attention;


Spaghetti bolognese during a heavy downpour after a trip to the clinic, wishing to ride the ambulance,  accompanied by BTQ text, before dancing in the rain XD

Sotong kangkung at PJ Uptown

Biggest and sweetest lai. Thanks to Syidah yang tolong kupaskan kulit :D

Nasi Goreng Pattaya Ali Bistro, specially made by uncle mamak, penuh spiral atas nasi, gulped it down with epal susu. Yummy!

From left: Yellow Mango, Pink Dragon fruit ice blended with orange Carrot susu. From Kafe UKC. Dreamt of ice blended mangga every night. Marvellous! In this pic, dibelanja oleh awesome Sir BTQ :)

 Baked a moist choc cake with the help of Mama, Dina and Alif. Sadly to say, it didn't come up as I expected. However, this doesn't break my spirit. Will struggle more! Kejayaan takkan datang bergolek, kek takkan jadi begitu saja.  At least I learnt from my mistake and the moment spent with them was priceless :')

Presenting;
Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting :)

That's about that. Care for dessert anyone?hihihi My first time having fruit kebab drained by thick chocolate.  The combination of the chocolate with fruits such as papaya and honey dew was different but amusing. Mouth-watering. In addition, they provide you with bread sticks that can also be dipped and eaten. #saisakirestaurant


The end of the food show.
I hope I didn't ignite your appetite
 and made you dashing to the kitchen.hhihihii
Did you know?
Late at night,
when we are feeling hungry,
it's a sign 
by our body telling us
to SLEEP. 
zzzzzz
Wassalam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...