Featured Post

4D3N Chiang Mai trip :)

السلام عليكم Below is the itinerary for our 4D3N Muslim family trip to Chiang Mai last May 2016. We had a private local driver/tour gu...

06 February 2011

Gong Xi Fa Cai (heh, lmbat skit)

Fa Cai (發財) is to become rich or to make money. Thus, Gong Xi Fa Cai means wishing you to be prosperous in the coming year.
And, it does make me become richer, coz I got ang pau laa. On da 1st day of CNY, we went to visit some of our family’s Chinese friends.
This was when I learnt about mutual respect. Although we were different races and believe, we still can respect each other. At a house dat we visited, the aunty told us dat she only use the same plates and glasses every year for CNY. “I only took it out for CNY only for my Muslim friends,”. See, how they won’t mix they plates with ours n really respect our religion. Itu yg kita maw. 


 
At another house, we had the opportunities to witness a lion dance performance accompanied by the deafening sound of the drums. It wasn’t my 1st tyme, but it is my 1st tyme to watch a ritual where the lions will dance around da house to get rid out da BAD LUCK from the house. Kasi ONG!




As we all know, in the Chinese calendar, this year is the RABBIT year. One of the Amoyy told us dat dis year will be a rough year and will be better towards the end. She shared a lots of their believes about the Chinese zodiac.  
People who are born in the DRAGON year, their life are very easy. Other people will come to help them and they are very well respected by others. Very, very ong. Dats why many of Chinese parents want to have baby next year which will be the DRAGON year. Eg, my atuk.
People who are born in the HORSE year, they need to work very hard in when they are young and will duduk senang-lenang when they grow older. Eg, my nenek.
People who are born in the GOAT year, are very perfectionist. Eg, my Mama.
People who are born in the DOG year, are very loyal and love by other people. Eg, my bro, Alif.
People who are born in the ROOSTER year, are very good with calculations and will easily love something or someone. Eg, myself and all my friends who are born in 1993. 

My advice, love to Allah is eternal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...