Featured Post

4D3N Chiang Mai trip :)

السلام عليكم Below is the itinerary for our 4D3N Muslim family trip to Chiang Mai last May 2016. We had a private local driver/tour gu...

16 October 2011

27th IIUM Convocation Ceremony.

السلام عليكم

So people, how are you today? I am glad that my laptop is functioning, and I am given the time and opportunity write about my valuable experience, Alhamdulillah. Hopefully it can be a guidance for you and inspire you to become a greater person, InsyaAllah.


As promised, I am going to post about the IIUM Convocation that I had attended last week. The ceremony was held for 3 days; Saturday, Sunday and Monday. There was 5 sessions. You might wonder how did I got to attend it right? 

1. I was on duty. I had to arrange the 'Reach' magazine (Alumni's) on the graduands' seats. 
2. My Mom is one of the committee for the event. I'm helping her out. I got to witness what happened behind the scene, got a back stage tour and been behind the counter.

Mama with Aunty Nora :)

Lots of things happened. I'll sort it out according to days keyh?


8th October 2011

My first panorama when I arrived at the campus was students busy wearing their turquoise robe. Beside them were their proud parents and siblings and loved ones :')

For the first session, it was the ALLIED HEALTH SCIENCES, NURSING, PHARMACY and MEDICINE (yeaaayyyy!!!) For IIUM students, you may not know; even though you're/you'll be studying in Kuantan Campus, You still be graduating in Gombak Campus :)

The graduands are required to queue in lines before getting in to the CAC's hall (Cultural Activity Centre, CAC). There are officers checking their attendance and their appearance. The Sisters need to wear dark coloured shoes, complete with socks, and also cream tudung

There was an Operating Room (OR). There, the officers will be taking care of the graduands. They have ALL; black shoes-for who didn't wear dark shoes, cream tudung-for who didn't wear cream tudung. They even have Milo, Dutch Lady's Strawberry Milk, mineral water, Jacob's crackers, pins and even Kotex for whoever needs them. No joke. 

Also in the OR, the guys with the long hair will get a FREE trim. If their hair touches the collar, your out man. Out of the line to get a trim. I was there; witnessing four guys having the hair cut by a lady officer. One of an Engineering Master graduand was shaking his head with regret: "Kenapa lah aku tak stop kat kedai mamak potong rambut semalam -_______-"

Waitttt! How did I know he was an Engineering Master graduand? Actually, if you see IIUM's robe carefully, you can see the difference. The graduands will wear different coloured hood indicating their courses. Eg. Engineering-Maroon, Econs-Yellow, Sciences-Green, Law-Black, MEDIC-PINKKK!!! :D Next, try eyeing their sleeves. For degree graduands, one strip. Master, two strips. PhD, 3 strips. And if you see one strip but very wide, it's for the academician. 

Robe room

Pinky hoody
I was so proud. I was prouder to spy on the graduands with pink hoods. In my mind, they are sooo terer! Hebat! Wonderful! Amazing! 

After the first session ended, my Mom brought me to the Robe room. There, I saw a familiar face. It was Hazim! Someone from KYS whom I know during our forum back in STF. He's now in KYUEM. 

"Eh, Hi!!! Hazim kan?"
"Hi!!! A'ah. Aina Farhana Hamdi kan?"
*Aina, if you're reading this. Name ak ngan ko sgt commercial. HAHAHAHA.

Nevertheless, he was with his older brother who is  MEDICAL STUDENTS!!! Tabik spring  was what he got from me there and then. He was the first IIUM Doc I met. Boy, I was excited.  So, my first question to him was, "Best tak duduk Kuantan?". "Tak sebest duduk kat Gombak la".  That was one of the reason I don't want to do Medic in UIA, sebab kena gi Kuantan. Pffft! Childish reason la Hanie -.-' 

I even told my Mom. "Ma, kalau Hanie malas gi Kuantan, Hanie amek Engin kat Gombak je la eh? Hehehe". Dasar anak manjaa. Hanie, study kat Ireland yang beribu batu dan berjam-jam flight th ko nak. Yang Kuantan 2 jam driving from KL tak nak plak. I took a deep breath, try to think clearly. I made a comparison; hood pink ke hood maroon lagi cantek? Obviously hood pink lagi cantek. Bole la. Bole la. Medic kat Kuantan la.

Yours truly, going to Kuantan 2013 :D

This is out of the topic. A few night ago, Atikah called and we chatted, discussing about going to Kuantan. And the result is *drumrolls :YEAH! It is OK to stay at Kuantan. We're gonna spend our time in the Eastern Malaysia. Jalan-jalan (maybe cari makan also) kat pantai timur. Heading to Ganu and Klate. Siap la korang semua. Aku belajar kecek klate! :D

That is why I was very glad that I had actually went to this Convo. At least I've met Hazim's bro, Hafiz. He also spend 2 years at CFS and 5 years at Kuantan campus; rileks saja. Dah grad dah pon kan? If he can do it. Why can't I?

And the second session started around two o'clock. After the scroll presentation ceremony ended, special awards were given to the achievers. Among the award achievers, a person will be selected to represent the all graduands and to give a speech, Valedictorian speech. My Mom always told me. She always cried when hearing this speech (In the speech they say things that made my Mom cried). I was there to hear the speech, for the first time. I missed the first session one. He was from the Kulliyah of Sciences. He was thanking his batch, lecturers, parents, wife and kids. He's married! WOW! The wife even wears purdah! WOW! WOW! His kids are adorable :D

Furthermore, the Valedictorian speech is in 3 languages; English, Malay and Arabic. Kalau tak payah in Arabic, teringin la jugak bagi speech. Cehhh! Berangan.hahha


9th October 2011

I really observed what's happening around me. Meticulous preparations are needed in order for everything to run well. 






I was in the OR a few minutes before the students were ushered to their seats. There, they busily redressing  themselves. Conquering the room was obviously the girls ;) It is always a pleasure to have some extra hand. I studied how the officers help the students to wear their robes. Then, applying the techniques of wearing the robes to the sisters. Yup, you need a special skill to wear the robes.hehe At least later on I know how to wear my own robe *wink! wink!

SIAPA CAKAP BUDAK UIA tak hensem? Dulu bukan main cemburu dengan Nadzira sebab dia mengatakan bahawa senior KMB kacak-kacak. Seriously, during the convo, BELAMBAK beb! Kalau kat CFS maybe tak nampak sangat sebab muka budak baru habes SPM. Kat Convo, haih. Puas cuci mata.hahaha Tak cari pon. Pusing kanan nampak. Pusing kiri nampak. Paling semat kalau pakai baju Melayu hitam dengan sampin emas; WAHHH! Alhamdulillah, MashaAllah. Kalau gurls, baju macam baju pengantin. Baju lace lawa-lawa XD

In the fourth session, I was watching the screens, seeing the names, then I saw a name berbintikan SANUDIN. Eh, macam nama ayah Aiman la. 

After everything ended, went home. Stop by at 7-Eleven nearby. I know that guy. Tuk! Tuk! I knock the glass door. Halooo! It was Aiman. He was buying some Toblerone and other stuffs. We chatted. He just went back from SESERI, drove alone. Pastu berlagak ngan aku hari th dye drive gi KTJ. Hah! Aku drive gi Perak. Lagi jauh. Pastu tak puas hati. Alah, ko dapat lesen awal. Tak puas hati gak. Sape suruh fail parking?hahahah Aiman, I was only joking. LOL. Glad to see you then. Lain kali belanja aku satu Toblerone gak taw.

That's not the main thing. The thing is, Aiman told me his sis (KAED) was graduating that day. "Eh, aku gi convo Kakak ko kot!" Patutlah ada ayah Aiman, Sanudin :)

Ohh, yeah. I even met CIKGU JAMILAH, our dear Physics teacher :') " Assalamualaikum Cikgu. Cikgu ingat saya lagi tak?" "Mestilah cikgu ingat" Wahahahaa. Thrilled. Rindu gle cikgu. And menantu cikgu yang grad ;)


10th October 2011

Last day. Fuhh. By that time, dah puas gi convo. But, I was never in the Hall at the beginning of the ceremony. I was always outside doing something else. That's it, I told myself. I need to see the whole ceremony, from beginning to the end.

Perarakan masuk


So, I got to see the conveyances of student inside. When they're on stage, they will give a smart card to the officers on stage. The officer will touch the card on a small machine. The students' name will be announced and their name will appear on screen. That's why the timing is so precise. However, as a machine made by imperfect man, there's always some defects.

Feeling bored, I flip on the Convo book. Among the award achiever, I saw a familiar name; Meor Alif. He's actually one of SSP's debate coach. I thought he was in London doing his Masters. But, this was actually the real Meor Alif. There was no Meor Alif in London. He went back to get his scroll and special award. He was right in front of me, two rows ahead. I really, really wanted to meet him and say, "I know you, but you don't know me". That sounds spooky kan?hehee He's a very successful student, doing HS (Political Science).  I didn't got to meet him. Maybe next time, whenever it will be.

I also saw Nik Ariff Fahmi, our Environmental and Nature Club president in CFS on screen. He wasn't taking his scroll, but was there as a guest. Maybe his bro/sis graduating. 


Well, well, isn't this a lengthy post. Balas dendam slalu tak sempat nak update. 

THIS 27th convo, I saw three persons whom I know graduating; Abang Fadhil, Abang Syukur and Kak Arina. And maybe another three will be Hazim's bro, Aiman's sis and Meor Alif.heh

Eagerly waiting for 34th or 35th Convocation Ceremony. Hopefully I'll be graduating with flying colours. And maybe, JUST maybe I'll be reading out the Valedictorian speech. That's really a superior aim that might be quite impossible but possible to achieve. But who knows right?



"Follow excellence,
Success will run after you"
Inspired from 3 Idiots//Film
Wassalam :)




2 comments:

  1. kau memang perlu mention eh pasal seseri tu? hahaha. alah, aku saja bagi fail. takda feel lah kalau amik test straight lulus kau :p haha. toblerone? no hal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aiman, ak MEMANG suke mention ko gi SESERI.hahah
    ok. set. nnt blanje ak toblerone. ak suke yg ade honey nuggets th, yummy :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...