Featured Post

4D3N Chiang Mai trip :)

السلام عليكم Below is the itinerary for our 4D3N Muslim family trip to Chiang Mai last May 2016. We had a private local driver/tour gu...

17 October 2011

Double O.

السلام عليكم

Both fOOd and bOOks are my ultimate passion. Great fOOd and great bOOks are my best weekend.

Just to get things straight. You may know that I am currently working right? Where? How? When? What? Really?

Yup, really. I am a part timer at Alumni and Career Services Division, IIUM Gombak. I went there by a car drove by either Mom or my Dad. That's mean my travelling cost to the office is FREE. I even have lunch with my parents; FOC. I work from Monday to Friday (maybe in weekends if needed) from 8.00 AM to 5.00 PM. But I always enters the office at 8.30 AM after having a breakfast with my parents, and will be back around 5.30 PM.

Let's get to the fOOd part. That Saturday, the Alumni Relations Section had organized a half day forum. That was I had been doing. Calling up the prominent Alumni to confirm their attendance. About 35 alumni confirmed but only 20 people came.

FOOd for 100 people was ordered. Extra fOOd are to be shared. It was our rezeki  to bring the fOOd back home.

Menu:

Beakfast, 
  • Soto Nasi Impit  
  • Cekodok Jagung
  • Kuih lapis 

Carrot Cupcake, Cheese Cream

Tea break, 
  • Tuna pastries 
  • Chicken Sandwich with Mayonise and garden salads #Myfav
  • Carrot cupcakes with chunky Walnuts and Cheese Cream #Myfav
  • Mouth-watering crunchy and chewy Chocolate Chips Cookies #Myfav *I really wish I can make Choc Chip Cookies as good as theirs :)


Lunch,
  • Special rice; decorated with fried onions, shredded omelette and promegranate seeds (biji buah delima)
  • Chicken Masala
  • Beef
  • Vegetables Dalca
  • Acar Buah
  • Fruits; watermelon, honey dew and mango
  • Star of the day: KAMBING GOLEK stuffed with Rice. #Myfav
Memang tergolek-golek la kami semua makan kambing. Best wehh. Selalunya seekor kambing tumbang untuk satu kenduri. Ni seekor just for 30 of us including the organizer. Nikmat. Rezeki. Alhamdulillah. Siap dapat bungkus lauk dan kambing bawak balek rumah lagi. Wahahaa. Gumbiraa!

Big bad wolfff!!!
Later that evening, my parents and I headed to MAEPS, Serdang to the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale. WOW! There were numerous people there. Don't let me start about the bOOks. They were DAMN CHEAP!!!! Most of the bOOks are like RM 8 to RM 10. Original price can be around RM 30 to RM 70. I don't know how explain how cheap they are, but trust me, they were DAMN CHEAP! And, it is not second hand bOOks. You're gonna be their proud first hand owner ;)

Before I went there, I made a list of the books I wanted to buy. Basically, I buy books according to the writer. My favourite writer would be Mitch Albom, Nicholas Sparks and Dan Brown. Just noticed that my favourite writer are guys.haha

It was devastating. I couldn't find their books :'( I've search the hall twice! There was only one Mitch Albom's For One More Day that I had read before :/ I really aimed to get Dan Brown's at a low price. Nowhere in sight. Sigh. 

Nevertheless, I did bought 14 BOOKS!!! No more buying books for two years. *But I doubt that.hehe 

I ended up buying books by random writers and based title and synopsis that captured my attention;


  1. A Time To Learn, Nora Naish.
  2. Genuine Lies, Nora Roberts.
  3. Maggie's Tree, Julia Walters.
  4. Naomi, Douglas Clegg.
  5. Night Smoke, Nora Roberts.
  6. Not A Penny More, Not A Penny Less & Honour Among Thieves, Jefferey Archer.
  7. Plotting For Beginners, Sue Hepworth & Jane Linfoot.
  8. The Good Thief, Hannah Tinti.
  9. The Right Path, Nora Roberts.
  10. To Room Nineteen, Doris Lessing.
  11. Twelve Room with A View, Theresa Rebeck.
  12. Three Times A Lady & It Had To Be You, Sarah Webb.
  13. Under This Broken Sky, Shandi Mitchell.
  14. White Oleander, Janet Fitch.
This will be an enjoyable ride, reading the bOOks. Hope I'll learn something from each of bOOks. 


Be patient and be tough; 
someday this pain will be useful to you.
Thanks For The Memories//Cecelia Ahern
#nowreading
Membaca  jambatan ilmu.
Wassalam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...